Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter and other news

It was an interesting Easter, to say the least. Our plans were changed and we had to adjust. Instead of making a home cooked meal, we decided to eat out. It was very relaxing and enjoyable, and I didn't veer too far away from my calorie goals! Blessing in disguise!

We didn't go crazy on the Easter bunny/egg stuff this year. I want E to know that Jesus dying on the cross for our sins is THE reason we celebrate Easter. I don't want there to be any doubt. However, in celebrating I think it's okay to let her hunt for candy and other goody filled eggs.

It's funny how kids just have an instinct about that sort of thing. My 18 month old knew just what to do! There was no teaching, she just went for it! Her momma and dadda were proud!

In other words... I think her and her dadda managed to dodge the crazy 24 hour flu(ish) virus I had on Friday. It was awful and it would have been a nightmare for my little girl. And as absolutely terrible as it was it pushed me closer to my first weight goal. (Bear with me here because it was the ONLY positive to being that sick.) Hopefully I'll reach that goal in the next 1-2 weeks!

Here's a photo I captured of my girl playing outside with her basket...

No comments: