Monday, June 13, 2011

This mommy needs a break

I don't want to sound ungrateful. I love my little girl. And she is usually a really good baby. However, monster child keeps appearing and I REALLY don't like it. You know that whiny, everything needs to go my way or I will throw a fit behavior? Yeah... about that. I've tried ignoring, simply telling her that it was bad behavior, raising my voice a little, and the hand smack. Nothing works. She doesn't care. And this sort of constant behavior is enough to make me want to seclude myself on an island for a few days. Or in my case, my bedroom. Or maybe even the bathroom.

Am I the only one who finds the bathroom peaceful? I feel like even if I can just get in there for a minute, I can have complete silence. I guess this is something I never understood until I had a baby. When you're pregnant, the bathroom is sort of a place of comfort; a place to relieve that early nausea, a place to sit and not feel back pain for a few moments. It's where we run every hour or so in the middle of the night to relieve the pressure on our bladder. And it's a place where we can light a candle, listen to music, and not feel pain or pressure as we soak in a tub full of steamy water. You don't really ever think about how much time you spend in the bathroom until after your pregnancy or like me, when you just need those 3 minutes to catch your breath.

My sister stayed with me for a little while and she thought it was insane that I liked being in the bathroom or that I would go there to escape. My hubby still does not understand. But I guess it's one of those things only I have to get.

Do you have a strange place you like to escape to for a few minutes or more? Am I the only one who finds the bathroom peaceful?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean!! The bathroom is my excuse to escape for a few minutes too, haha! Plus, I never knew the true feeling of relaxation until I jumped in the shower after tending to my little girl for hours and hours, making sure she's always happy. When she's taking a nap, drinking a bottle, or playing with her toys in her playpen, I'll quickly hop in the shower and melt. :) Trust me, you're not alone. Mommies do A LOT of work (daddy's too) and we have to have a quiet break every so often to regroup. Key word: Quiet. Haha! I enjoyed reading your post. Good luck! :)

P.S. - I love, love, love being a mom, regardless is things get crazy sometimes. I wouldn't change a thing. My little Madison is my everything. :)