Thursday, August 16, 2012

Almond flour is my new best friend

I am not certain I had even heard of almond flour until I started researching the Paleo "Diet." Now I feel shameful. Almond flour is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Even if you don't want to change your diet, please do yourself a favor and bake with it a little. You have to have the right recipes and you have to give yourself a chance to get used to a slightly different texture than a "normal" baked good, but it's SO worth it.

 The possibilities are endless. I've made moist chocolate cookies, cinnamon streusel muffins, peach and blueberry scones, and pancakes. You can also make breads, and well pretty much anything really. It's not exactly the same as flour, but I'm starting to think it's better and not just because it's better for you. The almond flour adds flavor to baked goods. Mmmmm! Who would have thought that every element to your baked goods would play such a critical role in flavor?

 And also? You can use it to "bread" things like, chicken, eggplant, and fish. I just add seasoning and pretend the almond flour is breadcrumbs. I really don't miss the breadcrumbs.

No comments: