Monday, October 27, 2008

Good Morning

Well, I should really be working right now, but I fear my productivity will be lacking if I try before sharing this fabulous experience with you. I felt as though I woke up on the right side of the bed this morning. I really did. I got ready in plenty of time to let the pups out, get to work on time, and even stop for a cup of coffee. It was fabulous. So I spilled some coffee all down my shirt. Oh well. I was am determined to have a fabulous day. 

I got to work with coffee stains all down my shirt. I think my boss is used to me having stains because Friday I came in with a big glob of toothpaste that I thought I got out. I parked, opened the door to the office, and saw water. Everywhere. The entire office suite was flooded. I saw the owner and another business owner standing there on the other side of the suite. I entered our office to find the new furniture, carpet, trash cans, CDs,... soaked. The owner had pulled most everything off the ground except the electrical. All of the electrical cords were plugged in soaking up water. I got them all off the ground, picked up a few other things dropping some, and tried calling my boss. No answer. No ring. Voicemail. 

After soaking my feet in water for a while, I decided to go to the coffee shop down the street. It's very close and was a nice day so, naturally, I walked. On my way I heard screaming. Eventually a lady got my attention and yelled across the parking lot that I wasn't allowed to park there. She put her foot in her mouth when I told her that I worked there. (She later apologized.)

I'm learning to laugh through some circumstances that I used to cringe over. There is no need to let all of that ruin a day. Now if it was my building and I didn't have tenant insurance I might then be stressed and upset. Fortunately for me, that is not the case.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! I am amazed you stayed calm girl!