Friday, October 3, 2008

Taking it Back

You know how sometimes you get REALLY busy with work, church, kids (babysitting in my case), feeding you and/or your husband/kids, and life in general? And things that you want to be a certain way end up not being that way at all because, well, life just happens? That's where I'm at. My apartment is in serious disarray and its making me a bit crazy. Okay, it seriously stresses me out. So this weekend I am set out to get my apartment back under control. I plan to make 2 lasagnas (thanks to Pioneer Woman for the recipe) and an amazing garlic herb bread for the church potluck and maybe an apple pie (thanks to Pamela for making me crave it) for Ben me to enjoy. 

2 comments:

Pamela said...

The apple pie filling that will rock your universe is this:
six cups of apples.

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
2 Tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon (think generous) cinnamon

Mix the sugar stuff together with your hand because it's faster, and funner to lick off.

Layer 1/3 sugar
1/2 apples
1/3 sugar
1/2 apples
1/3 sugar

Top crust that bad boy, or streusel topping it. Bake 450 for 15 minute, and then 350 for 45 minutes.

It's life-altering goodness.

Danae said...

Yay. Thanks! We have a family crust recipe that is amazing... So this will be perfect! Mmmm.