Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Please don't stare

I woke up unable to move without feeling like my stomach may explode. The feeling did not go away. In fact, it got worse. I will spare you the details but eventually I decided that I NEEDED some Gingerale and Pepto-Bismol or I would not get better. I muscled up enough energy to get in the car and drive up the road to Walgreens. I felt like my body was turning green. I grabbed the extra extra extra strong Pepto-Bismol and some Canada Dry Gingerale

Now obviously I look like crap, feel like crap, and I'm holding two items that are meant to help your stomach. I stand get in line and the cashier just stares at me. She was helping other customers but for whatever reason she JUST STARED. And stared and stared. Did I have a big blob of something on my face? Did I look so incredibly awful that it was necessary for someone to stare? 

People get sick. And they go to the store to get remedies. When she finished ringing me up, she proceeded to stare and tell me that I should come back to buy batteries. It was the most awkward moment I had experienced with a cashier. Okay I take that back. There was one that was probably equally awkward that is too embarrassing to share here; for her of course. ;) 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you get better fast! Have an awesome Thanksgiving :) We have to get together some time next week and catch up--I miss you!