Thursday, July 22, 2010

The key to mommy-hood

Okay, so I really don't know the key. BUT I do know that sometimes all you can do is pick yourself up, dust yourself up, scrub your face and put on some makeup, and go on with your day. I ACTUALLY did my make up for the first time in three-hundred days well, I can't really remember. A shower alone just isn't cutting it as of late. (for me)

And also, take time out for you.

This is a current goal of mine. I need a minimum of 2 hours a week away from my girl to take care of me, the house, grocery shopping,... I will humble myself enough to ask someone for help, for my sanity, my baby's sanity, and my husband's sanity. As much as I love spending 24/7 with my sweet girl, I need a little alone time.

The energy I used to have to paint the kitchen and clean after my girl went to bed is no longer there. When she's in bed for the night, I'm lucky if I have the energy to put the leftovers from dinner in the fridge.

No comments: