Friday, July 23, 2010

Maybe somebody should pinch me...

...I think I must be dreaming.

Well, the long awaited day has come. We have been praying for a new job for my husband for a long time and today, he finally got that job! As much as it will be great to be able to pay our loans down a little faster and possibly be able to not live paycheck to paycheck in the somewhat not to distant future, I am just ecstatic that my husband is happy. He will be able to sleep every night. He won't have to worry about being called in at random hours/times. He won't have to pull a 24+ hour shift. He will be able to go to church on Sunday, every Sunday. AND he will be able to spend the weekends at home with his family. God is awesome!

I am also thrilled that we will be using the overlapping paycheck to go on a mini vacation over labor day weekend. I can not tell you the last time we went on a "vacation" together. In fact, it may have been our "honeymoon" 3 1/2 years ago. My in-laws will be joining us which will be a great help with the babeh! Any extra hands and eyes are a huge help these days.

And I also caved and gave him his birthday present. I've already had it for a month and his birthday isn't until November. I found a great deal on it and couldn't pass it up. Of course, I use the first excuse I have to give it to him :( I tried. I guess maybe I am just not one of those people who can buy gifts well in advance.

And on the menu for dinner tonight was my hubby's favorite meal. BBQ mini-meatballs, smashed potatoes, corn, and garlic toast. We are saving our apple pie for tomorrow since we are both stuffed to the brim.

Well, the baby is tucked in bed, hubby is off to work one of his last night shifts, and I am going to curl up under a blanket with a glass of apple raspberry wine and watch Dear John.

4 comments:

above all else: Love said...

Very happy for you both!!! =)

Danae said...

Thanks Kerri! :)

Anna M. said...

I can think of no more DESERVING people for this great blessing! Celebrate well!

Pamela said...

hoo.freaking.ray