Monday, July 26, 2010

Out with the old and in with the new

Well, today is Monday. A new day and a very important day for us as my hubby starts his first day at work. I almost can't remember what it felt like to start a new job. I remember that there were nerves, uncertainty, and excitement all wrapped into one. I am just so thankful that I get to stay at home with my girl and not worry about that anymore.

It is funny though... The second you completely stop looking for work or just a little extra income, it's like the opportunities just keep come knocking. People looking for babysitters, meals, and help around the house to name a few. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for the opportunities and if we were in a position where I absolutely needed to earn an income, I would accept these offers. But I honestly have no desire to "work" anymore. I know that God made it possible to be at home with the baby for a reason, and I know in my heart this is where I am supposed to be. I rarely hesitate to say no, aside from asking God and making sure it's not something I should do. The answer is just always "no". It's funny how the love of a child can instantly change your perspective and ability to say that two letter word. (I used to be a "yes" girl.)

When I first had E, I struggled to leave my job. I knew it was the right decision for us, but it was difficult. I didn't want to leave my former coworkers and boss in a tight place, I really enjoyed that job and the people I worked with. I had been working for several years, even full time during college. As much I loved my baby, it was still a hard thing to do.

And now? No regrets whatsoever. I get to hang out with the coolest girl I know every day. She is so smart and beautiful and is constantly surprising me. Despite losing my mind every now and then, being a mommy and a wife is pretty spectacular.

No comments: