Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Chasing Flies

I am sitting on my couch, enjoying the sounds in the apartment, and reflecting on my crazy day. 

Work was sort of insane as I had to listen to a 3 hour audio book (it really took longer because I had to put on my critical ears and take notes) and do various other tasks so that we can press this "masterpiece" and have it in our hands by Thursday. I don't mind doing it at all. In fact, I sort of thrive off of deadlines and craziness. 

But now I am done working for the day and I want to do nothing. (I am also trying to avoid the fact that I still have a lot of organizing and such to do with my apartment that I've been putting off since I moved.)

While I'm sitting here, my puppy is chasing a fly. A pesky annoying little fly that is driving her absolutely insane, and she wants to eat. Rudi is not a crazy fly catcher. She just sits there and watches it until it is within her reach when she pounces with her jowls. Oops! She got it already! (She is apparently a very efficient fly chaser.) 

Although I am sure my brain could come up with a fancy shmancy analogy for that particular situation, I'm going to give my brain a rest. I just want to say that sometimes I wish my only concern was a fly that was buzzing. That would be a wonderful thing, don't you think? 

No comments: