Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My love - "First they met"



Today was a fabulous day. It was one of those days where although nothing really makes sense, you realize that it will in due time. (Does that make sense?) I am just learning that God is in control and His plan is so much better than mine. Funny how that works...

I was also thinking about my husband as I often, okay pretty much always, do. I can't help but get the day I first met him out of my head. It was on the steps of my dorm hall where he came walking up with Shawn, my big bro (figuratively). My heart skipped a few beats as I saw this handsome man walking towards me. He was very tall and very quiet. 
In fact, I got him to dance for the 
first time EVER that weekend. We quickly became best friends and helped each other through some really rough, life changing years. Once he returned from his first tour to Iraq, he pursued me. I'm not talking subtle... He actually told me "I will have you." If anyone else would have said that to me, I would have probably punched them or stormed off, but it worked for him. After nearly a month of pursuing, I finally gave in and let him hold my hand and such. 

(The picture on the left is one of our first dates where we celebrated Valentine's Day. Boy we look young!)

I am bound to share more about us later, because this man is my love, my soulmate, and my life but that is a start! 




No comments: