Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Moving on...

Have you ever been so hurt by someone or something that it cripples you?
It makes you feel, think, and say things you never thought possible. I've been hurt before, many times actually. But for some reason a certain situation scarred me worse than ever. They say the people you are closest to are the ones that hurt you the most and the older I get, the more I realize the truth in that statement. I've let it linger for a long time and I am putting it to an end. Although I feel I have no control over those feelings, I am going to do my best to put it behind me and start fresh. Normally I want to deal with situations like this head on and get them over. I don't like confrontation, but lingering bad feelings are much worse. This time I am leaving the past in the past. It's over and I don't want to think about it any more. I don't want to bring it up. I want the chance for the new and exciting to happen and that can't happen with this in my way.

I tend to enjoy challenging people so this is my challenge. Find that thing in your life that lingers and is out of your control. Then let it go. Move on. Start fresh. Easier said than done, but most things in life are that way.

No comments: