Friday, September 26, 2008

The Artform of "NO"

Do you ever agree to do something only to find out that it was a really BAD idea? You just wanted to help or do something nice for someone and it blows up in your face? I have done this to myself several times and I find myself in that place right now. I thought I had mastered the art of saying no. I have done what I can when I can and have been very happy. Well, I stumbled across an opportunity that seemed like a good idea at the time and once I was immersed in the situation I realized it was really DUMB. 10 more days until I am freed and I am determined to make the best of it. 

Saying no is okay and I highly recommend it. Yes we should be there for others when we can, but if your situation is already a little crazy or your plate is getting full, don't be afraid to say no.

No comments: