Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A confused girl and a very cool verse

I am in a frustrated state. I really don't know how else to put it. I am content with where I am and what I am doing but that makes me restless. I feel as though it is time to move on, move forward to new territory wherever that may be but the direction is not entirely clear. I have an idea and know where I'd like to go, but I am half there. I feel as though I have one foot on the old side of the line and one foot on the new side of the line, but I can not move because my feet are cemented down. The situation is out of my control...

This morning before my interview God gave me a verse...

1 Corinthians 2:9 "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him."

What an incredible promise! It gave me joy and hope that God not only has a plan, but he has the perfect plan. A plan for good and not harm. That I can't even conceive what he has prepared for me. No matter what today holds, he has prepared something marvelous for me! Little ole' me. A speck on a VERY LARGE picture. Amazing.

Okay, but here's the catch. I also felt compelled to read the verse that followed.

"but God has revealed it to us by the Spirit"

Ummm... So I thought to myself. I don't get it. I don't know exactly what God has in store for me. I don't know what tomorrow will bring or where I need to be or what I need to do. I feel slightly left out. I don't think anything has been "revealed," not recently.

Then I realized no one knows what will happen tomorrow, we're not even guaranteed tomorrow, but we are told that "God holds the future." God will reveal his perfect plan or part of his perfect plan in due time. I need to rest on the fact that "He has a plan," "He knows what's best," and "He knows the desires of my heart better than I do."

As you keep reading this chapter, you will start to notice that we really can't know what we're supposed to do unless we tap into the Spirit. If we live our lives without his help and hope, these things will not be revealed.

I have a feeling this is not the end of this discussion/blog. I will add later... Maybe.

No comments: